Landlord Letting Guide


Before marketing can commence a valid Energy Performance Certificate must be in place, you can forward the Report Reference Number, printed in the top left corner of your certificate, or an electronic copy to . If you need to order one of these we can provide one for a fee of £48+vat (please request a quote if your property has 5 or more bedrooms) please email us on the above email address or call 0333 8000 210 to place your order. The description you have provided must be accurate and not misleading for the potential tenants. We recommend using pictures within your marketing as this can increase the interest in your property by over 80%, please contact us should you require advice on taking photos. Your property pictures can be uploaded to your account or you can email them to .

Offers and Referencing

Once you have an offer to let your property from a potential tenant we will ask you to confirm you are happy to proceed and then will begin referencing your tenant.

When referencing is complete we will send you a copy of the reference report along with your letting pack including the documents below;

  • Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement
  • Standing Order Mandate
  • Section 21 Notice
  • Section 8 Notice
  • Guidance notes for both section notices
  • Deposit Protection Service Prescribed Information & Terms and Conditions

The Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement needs to be completed and forwarded to the tenant at least 24 hours prior to commencement of the Tenancy. Our Letting Team can complete these documents for you for a fee of £30+Vat please call 0333 8000 210 if you would like to use this service. The above documents can also be downloaded from the website at

Letting Requirements

Before commencement of the tenancy you will need to have the following completed and copies available for the tenant;

  • Energy Performance Certificate
  • Gas Safety Certificate

Optional but recommended;

  • Portable Appliance Test electrical appliance
  • Full Wiring Test

All furniture and furnishings must comply with the Furniture and Furnishings Fire Safety Regulations, please see the attached guide for further information.

Deposit Scheme

Please note that all private landlords and letting agents taking deposits for Assured Shorthold Tenancies in England and Wales must safeguard them with a Government authorised tenancy deposit scheme, information on the free service can be found on the link below.

We recommend that you have your Inventory completed by an independent party so as to provide protection for you at the end of the tenancy, please contact us if you would like further information on our Inventory/Check In/Check Out services.

Other Information

You will need to speak to your Mortgage provider to confirm that your mortgage allows you to rent the property and also inform your Buildings Insurance provider that your property is tenanted. You may wish to take out Insurance relating to the let such as Rent Guarantee Insurance, at this time we are unable to provide any quotes for you on this service however we are happy to refer you to our referencing agent please contact us on and we will arrange for this to be done.


As a landlord, you will have to declare your income and costs (whether you make a profit or not). You will also need to keep all your records, invoices, receipts and statements for up to six years. You can request and complete the Land & Property Supplementary pages for your tax return and the guidance notes from .

The tax man will allow you to off-set some of the costs involved and we recommend you discuss this further with your accountant.

Now please sit back and wait to hear from our Letting Team to contact you to arrange viewings!!