On the 6th of April new legislation is due to come into force relating to the Energy Performance of Buildings. We have briefly highlighted some of the key points below. For a copy of the full guidance relating to the new legislation from Communities and Local Government please contact us by email at, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Key Changes
1. A reduction from 28 to 7 days to have a valid EPC in place from the start of marketing using reasonable efforts
2. First page of EPC required to be shown on property marketing
3. EPC required to be provided in the following situations:
a. when the relevant person provides information in writing about the building to a person who has requested it
b. when a pre-arranged viewing of the building takes place
What we have done to help our landlords ensure compliance and avoid fines
• When registering a new property on our site the EPC reference (RRN) can be submitted at the point of registration and we will retrieve the relevant EPC details for you.
• An RRN must be uploaded or an EPC ordered prior to marketing starting for all new properties added to our site.
• We will show the full EPC on our marketing details. Please note it is a requirement for us to show the first page which includes your full property address. We will also apply this requirement to all properties currently marketed along with those added from the 6th of April.
• We are offering a discount until the 10th April on all EPC orders.
SPECIAL OFFER PRICE, LIMITED TIME ONLY
EPC’s reduced from £48+VAT to only £43+VAT!
To order please visit: https://www.makeurmove.co.uk/page/landlord-services
Already have an EPC?
If you already have an EPC, please upload to your account.
1. Log into your account at www.makeurmove.co.uk
2. Click on the relevant property
3. Click on the “Documents” tab
4. Upload choosing “Energy Performance Certificate”
If you are currently marketing your property with makeurmove we will be contacting you to discuss any questions you may have. Please ensure you have provided your EPC reference to avoid any potential disruption to your marketing.